Wednesday, April 14, 2010

DXM

So I decided today to robo. I have always been embarrassed of this medication. When I was 13 I had to go into a 'hospital' for people who were sad. Pretty much I wanted to die cause of my father but that is a story for another time. At this hospital I learned that you could drink Robitussin cough medicine and get high. The kid who told me didn't elaborate on what exactly it does to you. It gets you real fuckin high. Actually I don't think high is the word. I'll say trip because that's much closer.
Anyway, I tried it at school that week, only I took just plain Robitussin. I just felt full. I had told my friend about it and told her the regular stuff doesn't do it, it has to be DM. So that next week we got outa school early and we drank 8 ounces apiece. And we fuckin tripped. It was like leaving my body, actually my spirit coming out of me and seeing everything from over my shoulder and a little to the right. No kidding.
I enjoyed it so much that I did it at school a few times and then, later that year, I did exactly what I always do with anything I like and I took too much. My friends dropped me off on my parents porch, three hours before curfew, rang the doorbell and took off. I don't blame them. See I thought that none of that was really happening, this was only a dream. And a funny dream! I think I actually laughed in my mother's face as she slapped mine repeatedly. So where ya think they put me? Back at the 'hospital'. Only on the OTHER SIDE. The side for druggies and alcoholic teens. Only back then in the 90's not alot of people knew about robo, so when I told the group, they laughed me outa the building...literally. I was sent back to the sad side. Oh joy.
So that's why it embarrasses me. But let me just say that its called DXM now and there are web sites dedicated to it. I am fucked up now but coming down a little. When I take it, I see. I mean I really see what's happening with everything in this crazy world. I realize we are too stupid to be this smart. Sound strange?  I think our technology will destroy us. One day some scientist somewhere will split the wrong goddamn atom and that will be that. Boom. I can actually picture God looking down on us after Adam has eaten the fruit and everything has gone wrong(obviously). When asked by an angel, you gonna destroy them now? And he says,Nah. they can do that themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment